martes, 7 de enero de 2020

THE SORTING HAT (Book 1)- HARRY POTTER




The Sorting Hat is a hat at Hogwarts that magically determines which of the four school Houses each new student belongs most to. These four Houses are GryffindorHufflepuffRavenclaw, and Slytherin






The Sorting Hat's songs
Book 1
Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,  
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find 
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowler's black-
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat 
 And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.


You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave of heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff 
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true 
and unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your true friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

VOCABULARY
sleek -  shiny- brillante
cap (verb)-  to put a limit. poner freno
dwell - to live - vivir
daring (noun)- courage-  valor, coraje
toil- hard work, trabajo duro, penuria,
wit- intelligence, ingenio
cunning- artful, astuto
get in a flap-don´t be worried- no te preocupes

CLICK ON THE NAMES OF THE SCHOOLS TO LISTEN TO THEIR PRONUNCIATION:

GRYFFINDOR
HUFFLEPUFF 
RAVENCLAW 
SLYTHERIN   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario