miércoles, 22 de diciembre de 2021

The Gift of the Magi (By O'Henry)- A christmas Story








 1- Click here to read the story (unabridged)

The gift of the magi questions and answers

A. Answer the following questions 

1. What is Jim's full name?
2. How much money had Della managed to save for Jim's present?
3. Why was Della worried?
4. Who did she go to, to get money for Jim's present? 
5.What did Jim do to get a gift for Della?
6. What was Jim's gift for Della?
7. What are the two possessions of Dillinghams? How did they regard them?
8.What was Jim's reaction when he returned home?
9.Are Jim and Della really foolish?
10.Show how the 'twist in the tale' makes the story of Jim and Della a moral lesson.

And click here for a quizlet on the story

--------------------------------------------------

Let's practice the Reported Speech:

1-“Will you buy my hair?” asked Della.

2-“I buy hair,” said Madame. 

3-Madame told Della: “Take yer hat off and let’s have a sight at the looks of it.”

4- “Give it to me quick,” said Della.

5-“If Jim doesn’t kill me,” she said to herself, “before he takes a second

look at me, he’ll say I look like a Coney Island chorus girl."

6- She cried: "Don’t look at me that way.

7- She said: "It’ll grow out again"

8- She asked him: “Don’t you like me just as well, anyhow?

9- Della said to Jim: "I want to see how this chain looks on your watch.”

10- Jim said to Della: "I sold the watch to get the money to buy your combs."


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario